Here on this page we'll be adding items of news and events that are of interest to anyone who visits the site and wants to know some more about what we're doing.
We are excited about our summer program and your support makes it all possible. This summer we are focusing on pioneers in a different field each week as our theme for our summer program and encouraging our members to be "Trailblazers" themselves.
The weekly themes are as follows:
- "The Great Expedition" - focusing on explorers with a trip to Cumberland Caverns and a campout at the B&G Club
- "It's a Small World" - focusing on human rights and diversity with International Fold Dancers performing at the B&G Club
- "Lost in Space" - focusing on space and aviation with a trip to Arnold Air Force Base
- "Going the Distance" - focusing on sports with a trip to a Nasvhille Sounds Game and a Field Day at the Club
- "Navigators" - focusing on voyages with a canoe trip and a Water Day at the Club
- "Creative Thinking" - focusing on inventions with a trip to the Creative Discovery Museum in Chattanooga
- "Imagine That" - focusing on art with a trip to the First Center
- "Discover Science" - focusing on scientific discoveries with a trip to the Adventure Science Center in Nashville
- "Happy Trails" - focusing on the westward drive and gold rush with a trip to Mansker's Station in Goodletsville
Children love the National Fine Arts Program!
This year-round program encourages artistic expression among Club members ages 6-18 through drawing, painting, print making, collage, mixed media and sculpture displayed at local and regional exhibits.
Double Dare Summer Camp 2008
Double Dare, Summer Camp 2008 will run from June 2nd through August 1st.
3/3/2008 for renewal members
4/1/2008 for new members